KNOCK KNOCK, NEO…
I don’t think The Matrix is science fiction. I think it’s fact. I think it’s a documentary about an average guy with an average job and an average life who, one day, suddenly realizes that everything he’s come to know and see and believe is a lie.
Of course, some artistic license was taken. But if you remove the evil artificial intelligence and the martial arts action sequences, The Matrix could be about any of us. We live in an artificial world, surrounded by artificial comforts that don’t fulfill us so much as make us complacent enough to remain quiet and keep doing what we’ve always done. We hide from our human natures — those extremes of joy and anger and pain and pleasure. We organize our lives in such a way as to keep us in the middle of existence and away from the dangerous edges, watching TV to pass the time.
If that’s not the Matrix, I don’t know what is.
And while you’ve been living in this false world, you’ve lost track of some things that are undeniably true, such as:
- You will get old and then you will die, so there’s no point in waiting and no point in hedging your biggest bets. It’s truly now or never.
- Almost anything is possible if you’re willing to be flexible about the problem and its solution, and if you’re willing to break some conventions.
- Nobody controls you but you. Nothing anyone does to you can ruin things for you unless you allow it to.
- Everything is simple, but very little is easy. If you fail, it will be due to lack of effort and persistence, not lack of knowledge.
- Nobody is “normal,” so you should stop trying to be normal, too.
- Wanting more does not make you ungrateful for what you have. Receiving more does not take something away from someone else.
- Satisfaction often comes at the cost of some discomfort, but it is always worth it.
- You cannot fail. You can only quit.
- You already know everything you need to know to get everything you want. All that’s left is to do it.
This manifesto is not for the faint of heart. In its pages, you’ll face some discomfort. But if you can learn to embrace what’s always been true, you’ll see that there is no magic about obtaining or becoming almost anything you could ever want.
You CAN do great things. You CAN be Legendary.
So let’s do them. Go ahead and get How To Be Legendary by signing up below.